On the Way to the 25th
QUEBEC 2019 GATHERING
2019 marks the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Association of Normand families and it’s in Quebec City, the city that witness the arrival of Normand ancestors, all roots combined, that we chose to meet. The rally will be held from Friday evening, June 28, to Sunday, June 30, 2019.
The rallying point and convergence of this reunion will be the Hotel Travelodge Quebec & Convention Center. Located in the Sainte-Foy sector of Quebec City, this hotel is located at 3125, Hochelaga boulevard, Quebec City, Quebec Province, G1W 2P9. The receptions and the meals will be taken in this most welcoming place.
Here are the highlights of the program of activities prepared by the Association
Friday, June 28th
- Starting at 01 pm, those interested in a friendly 9-hole golf game can play at the Albatros golf Club located at 1418 Aéroport road, in the district of Ste-Foy, a suburb of Quebec and close to the hotel. The green fees (18$/pers.) will be payables to the golf club. If you intend to play, please, mention it on the Registration form.
- Participants will be able to register at the Gathering starting at 5 pm. You will be given your registration tag and an information folder.
- From 6 pm, a welcome cocktail will be held and the Association will offer a drink of friendship. It will be a privileged opportunity to renew contacts or to meet new Normands and their relatives and friends. This activity is free and is offered to you by our generous sponsors.
- There are no special activities on the evening. Participants will be able to enjoy a meal either at the hotel or in the surrounding area, or in one of the many restaurants in Old Quebec.
Saturday, June 29th
- This day is dedicated to the visit of Normand’s places of memory. In the morning, it is aboard a coach type bus that we will travel a commented heritage circuit that will take us on the trail of Normand ancestors. You will be able to see the places in which they are established as well as the places where they evolved daily. Some stops are planned along the trip. The departure of the hotel is scheduled at 9:30. Your punctuality will be appreciated. Please note that payment of your registration guarantees you a place on the coach.
- For the lunch break, we offer a choice of meal type lunch box. You will have the opportunity to choose it on the Registration form. The lunch will be accompanied by a salad, a vegetable juice, a piece of cheddar cheese, crudités with dip and two homemade cookies. A stop is planned at Montmorency Falls Park, weather permitting.
- The visit continues in the afternoon towards Old Quebec. Bottles of water will be available free of charge throughout the visit to quench your thirst. The return to the hotel is scheduled around 4 pm.
- At 6 pm, participants are invited to share a community meal. You must specify on the Registration form your choice of menu for this four-course meal. It is important that allergy sufferers indicate it on the Registration form. During this banquet, a special personification animation will present two “Daughters of the King”, Catherine and Marie-Madeleine Normand sisters from France. There will also be a musical performance with dance for the most resistant of us.
Sunday, June 30th
- We cannot leave without meeting around a “brunch of goodbye”. At 10:00, participants who have stayed on site and those in the region who wish it can continue to fraternize and try to exhaust their topics of the previous day. It will be a great opportunity to invite the family to join us for this Sunday brunch. Everyone can then take the road back home, after a happy reunion and memories of pleasant encounters and memorable moments.
Choice of packages
You must make a choice among the three packages:
- Package 1: Registration for all activities (bus tour, dinner, banquet and brunch: $100 before May 15 or $115 at the regular rate.
- Package 2: Registration for the bus tour, dinner and banquet: $75 before May 25 or $85 at the regular rate.
- Package 3: Registration for one or two individual activities. Activities prices are listed on the Registration form.
Please note that the amounts include all taxes and service (gratuity) when applicable. In addition, children are allowed half-price.
To improve the cultural part, the committee invites you to come to expose your creations, whether it is paintings, books or objects of the heritage. Exhibits can be exposed from Friday evening until Sunday morning in a dedicated room specially reserved by the Association.
Those interested in exhibiting are kindly requested to mention it on the Registration form and to contact Évariste Normand (email@example.com).
The participants are invited to maximize their stay in the region by visiting the main places of interest. A dress handkerchief of information will be available upon your arrival
In the meantime, for a widened range of options, we invite you to consult the Quebec City Tourism Office at https://www.quebecregion.com.
The management of the Travelodge hotel has secured a block of rooms for our Association. It offers participants a great discount by pricing rooms at a daily rate of $129 (plus regular taxes). You must add $10 per additional person if applicable.
When booking, you must mention that you are part of the group of The Norman Association of America or mention the confirmation number 338892. The deadline to book is May 28, 2019. After this date, the reservation will be made depending on the availability of the hotel and at a regular rate of $169. Do not miss this bargain.
You can reach the Travelodge Hotel toll-free at 1-800-463-5241 to take advantage of the preferred rate or online at www.travelodgequebec.ca. We are therefore giving you an appointment in Quebec City and we hope to see you there in great numbers. In the meantime, for more information, follow us both on the Association’s website (www.famillesnormand.com) and on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/normandamerique). Do not hesitate to contact us.
The organising committee
André, Dany, Évariste, Jacques, Richard and Susan